Housing FAQs

Most of our vacancies are filled through Coordinated Entry. Applicants will need to be assessed and placed on the coordinated entry list in order to be referred to us for an apartment. The exception is a number of units at our new building in Longfellow, Amber Apartments.

Apply for Amber Apartment units

In Hennepin County, assessments are being provided to individuals and families that are currently residing in shelter or on the streets. Clients staying in shelter or on the streets may ask a shelter advocate or outreach worker for an assessment.

Hennepin County Coordinated Entry Information

In Ramsey County, individuals may be assessed through Dorothy Day or Safezone, while families can connect with CE by dialing 211 from a landline, or 651-291-0211 from a cell phone.

Ramsey County Coordinated Entry Information

Most of our units are subsidized federally through the Project Based Section 8 program, or by the state through the Housing Support program. Additionally, we have unsubsidized units at Amber Apartments that have rents starting at $566 a month.

  • Section 8 units rent for 30% of the household’s monthly income
  • The Housing Support program pays for room and board for seniors and adults with disabilities who have low incomes.

 The deposit are: 

  • $500 for a studio
  • $700 for a 2BR
  • $800 for a 3BR
  • $900 for a 4BR

There is no application fee.

We have two properties that are pet friendly: Emanuel Housing and Amber Apartments. There are no additional charges/deposits for pets. There are no breed/size restrictions.